Monday, December 31, 2007

I Did It!!!

I did it! I actually took my camera to Georgia and took pictures of our wonderful Christmas vacation. Here are a few shots of all the fun we had.
Here's the runners before they embarked on the last 3 miles of Jessi's 100 mile goal.

Here's the victorious joggers celebrating their run and Jessi's 100 miles completed!

Before we hiked to the top of Stone Mountain, we had a picnic.



Chad played frisbee with the kids.


Josh didn't really appreciate the picnic like the rest of us did.

We made it to the top of Stone Mountain! What great hikers we are! We were sooooo happy that the rain from the previous days stopped and the sun came out. We had perfect hiking weather!

Two beautiful sisters.


Mel, Michelle, Abbi and Summer catching our breath, enjoying the sunshine and the gorgeous view from the top of Stone Mountain.



Here's our newlyweds on top of the world.

Audra capturing the essence of our experience!
On Thursday we watched David, Abbi, Chad and Audra play tennis. Luckily there was a great playground right next to the tennis court where the kids played to their hearts' content.

Emily especially enjoyed the slippery slide.


Summer needed a little cuddling from Jessi.


Of course we had to take a few more pictures!

Josh and I had great fun cheering for the tennis players Chad, Abbi, David and Audra.


Here's the grandkids having fun on the playground.

14 comments:

Chris said...

That's so neat you could all be together. Hopefully, next time Adam can be there too. It looks like you had a blast!!! I love being with all my family too..

Audra said...

Way to go Mom! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The picture after our run cracked me up. We look awful! We were so happy, but we looked like wet rats. Oh, that made me laugh!

Audra said...

Oh and why do I have to hunch over like a Hunchback every time I take a picture?

Diana said...

Good job taking those pictures. It looks like everyone had a great time.

Jessi said...

Way to go, Mom! You're an excellent photographer.

Kami Hall said...

Those are great pictures! I want to hike up stone mountain too!

Shana said...

GOOD JOB~~~ !! I AM GLAD YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME TOGETHER!!! :) AWesome pictures!!!!

Crystal said...

Hi Michelle, It's me Dale. Crystal told me to come see your pictures. What a great way to share your vacation. I hiked Stone Mountain once... in 1985, right before coming home from my mish (about the same time Abbi was born)! Do they still have a laser show there? Seeing these pictures makes me want to go back! Looks like you all had a great time. So how's that new son-in-law of your working out? He looks familiar.

Elaine said...

Wow, it looks like spring there. Glad you all had such a great time. Whatever works, Audra... Maybe I should hunch over and my pictures would turn out better. Love you wet rats!!

Michelle Pyne said...

Audra, I don't think you look like wet rats at all! I think you look like beautiful athletic people! And you don't hunch over when you take pictures. That is just what you do to take all those awesome shots! You're CONCENTRATING!

Abbi said...

What excellent pictures, Mom! I am so impressed with your picture-taking AND blogging skills! Thank you so much for sharing them, they are so fun!

Kjirsten said...

You are really turning into a blogger techie, will you help me update my site? Happy New Year! Come visit us lots in 2008.

Jessi said...

I was just looking at the pictures again, and I look like I have a bit of a belly-pooch in the picture at the tennis courts (when I'm wearing the purple sweater). Just in case anyone might be confused, I am not pregnant. (I'm sure it was just the combination of a baggy sweater and an unflattering angle.) I feel like I have to make that point a lot lately. :)

Kimberlie said...

It wounds like you guys all had such a good time for the Holidays! I loved seeing all the pictures on your blogs. We didn't have any family come from out of town nor did we go anywhere. Christmas just wasn't the same!