Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mommy's Work









About 25 years ago Mel and I had the opportunity to work with our friend Val Oveson in the State Auditor's Office. (Val was the state auditor). A few years later I also got to work in the Governor's Office. During our last visit to Utah, it was delightful to return to the State Capitol and see how they have upgraded and remodeled it. The "Gold Room" looks pretty much the same. The old lions were deteriorating to the point that they had to be replaced. I think the new lions look great.
Many years ago, when we would drive by the Capitol building, the kids would always announce, "There's Mommy's work!" I still feel a tiny bit of ownership of that building - its a part of our history.
See if you can see me in that last photo.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Do you think those lions are supposed to be Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia?

When we were in Utah last I told my girls that that was your work. (or at least that it used to be.) It is definitely a part of our history.

Chris said...

That's great you could go back and visit. I'm sure the changes are gorgeous. You two look awesome!!

Abbi said...

I still think "There's Mommy's woke" when we pass it. I think it is such a beautiful building! It's one of my favorite parts of Salt Lake.

Elaine said...

Your work place looks quite a bit nicer than mine. We are in portable trailers for now. oh well,I was so excited to see all your new blogs. Keep it up.