Tuesday, March 6, 2007

It's almost here!

I love spring, and I think it's almost here! The buds are out on our maple trees in the front. Some of my daffodils will flower soon, and I have spied blossoms here and there around the city. I absolutely LOVE seeing the new little green leaves appearing on bushes and trees. It never ceases to amaze me how dead-looking plants can come back to life. Truly this is the perfect time to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior! All of nature attests to this miraculous rebirth. It fills my heart with joy and hope and love for the beautiful world He has created! Truly He gives us a "perfect brightness of hope" for the future!

8 comments:

Audra said...

I just love the spring! I just love Easter time! It does turn our thoughts to Christ and the resurrection. It reminds me of a talk that Pres. Faust gave recently. It is "Sunday Will Come." You could also say, "Spring Will Come." There is always hope, even in the dead of "winter and darkness".

I hate to ask this, but will the deer eat your daffodils?

Audra said...

Oops, it was Elder Wirthlin and he gave the talk last Oct. 2006 conference.

Abbi said...

I'm excited for spring to come too! It's warm and sunny here now (50 degrees!), and I'm holding my breath in fear that it won't last! But I am excited for when spring really is here with leaves and flowers and everything!! Spring is such a joyful time of the year. It's kind of like the feeling when something hard you've been experiencing is over and you know you won't have to experience it again for a long time.

Jessi said...

AMEN!! We've spent a good part of the last few days outside and are LOVING it.

Shana said...

That is great to think about Christs resurrection! I never thought about it that way! Thank You for sharing this/ And oh, I can not wait for Spring myself. It is so beautiful!

Crystal said...

Along with the idea of rebirth, comes a re-energy with spring. My friend wrote in her blog her favorite things about spring.She stated she loves street cleaners who seem to take away all the dirt that accumulated under the snow all winter. I love the feeling to want to clean in spring. With thoughts of the Savior at Easter, it also reminds me of the power of the atontement to make one clean. I realized how I had never noticed how much I enjoy the street cleaners too.

Jessi said...

Oh yeah I forgot about Lydia's blog and that she does one. I also thought that the picture was so cool! Love you very much and can't wait till I can come see you. McKenna

Jessi said...

Thanks for commenting my blog.
McKenna