Thursday, February 14, 2008

True Love

"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

"Wherefore,. . . if ye have not chairty, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail -

"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

"Wherefore, . . . pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons [and daughters] of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure."
- Moroni 7:45-48

7 comments:

Kami Hall said...

Those are beautiful! Happy Valentines Day!

Crystal said...

What a great thought for Valentines. I was thinking that it also sounds alot like you mom. She is a great example of charity.

Chris said...

Shana is a great example of charity. She's always giving to others and doing acts of service. She's a great example to me and to others.

Shana said...

Very Beautiful! You are right. I love these quotes! Thank you for sharing!!! Happy Valentines

Abbi said...

Thanks Mom! What a great reminder.

And I could definitely replace your name with the word 'charity': "My mom suffers long, and is kind,...doesn't seek her own, and is not easily provoked" in her relationship with me. And her love for me never fails, no matter how difficult I may be.

Thank you for all the charity you give me! I love you so much and would be so lost without you!

Michelle Pyne said...

Thanks Abbi! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.