Thursday, February 22, 2007

sudoku!


Just to let you know, I quite enjoy solving sudoku puzzles. So far I have figured out that it's all about intersection of sets. And since I have heard that its good for your brain (helps delay Alzheimer's), it is not a waste of time for me to work on these! :) It took me a few times until I successfully completed a puzzle, but now I am getting faster and faster at completing them. I have successfully solved a 1-star, 2-star, 3-star and a 4-star puzzle (level of difficulty), although I don't really know how I got the 4-star to work out. I got it to a point to where my initial logic didn't apply any more. I think I got lucky at guessing the right combination for one row, and then the rest just fell into place. I just saw online that there is a web site that will give you sudoku-solving tips. Should I study up, or see if I can figure it out by myself? I think I'll go it alone for awhile and see if the old brain still works! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Audra said...

You are so smart! I don't even know how to play these games. You will have to teach me when I am up there. Am I good at math anymore? The last time I took an official math class was my senior year in high school.

Crystal said...

Our family loves Suduku. Dale has races with the kids and they sometimes beat him. We bought an electronic one for Natalie for Christmas and use it on all of our long trips. Natalie's record on an easy 1 star is 4 minute 35 seconds. Isn't that amazing.

Abbi said...

Mom, I can totally see you rocking at this game! I'm so glad to hear that you like it. You have the logic, patience, and love for numbers that it takes. I don't know if I have any of those characteristics, but I should try it out some time.

Jessi said...

I thought you would like these. In fact, I almost bought you a Suduku puzzle book for Christmas. If they come in the paper, even better!

Shana said...

Everyone gets hooked on these. We have one sitting at home and I am wanting to pick it up and see what it is all about- But haven't dared yet. Numbers just scare me! ;)