Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Don't bug me




We met a lady who has the most interesting job! She works for a company that makes artistic arrangements of beetles, butterflies, and dragon flies, frames them in shadow boxes, and then sells them all over the world. The business owner flies all over the world, purchasing and collecting exotic, colorful bugs. He then has them shipped to his business in Salem, Oregon. Who would have ever thought you could have a business collecting bugs and selling them??? Here's a few more examples of their work: (If you want to see more of their work, go to http://www.formandpheromone.com/)








To all us bug-lovers, this is neat stuff!





9 comments:

Jessi said...

Very creative! I bet they have a pretty good niche in the market.

Elaine said...

Isn't it so awesome to see the colors. What beautiful creations, I mean just the bugs, let alone the artistic design made from them.

Chris said...

The bugs I've seen have always been ugly so I'm afaid of them. But those are beautiful!!

Kami Hall said...

That is very interesting. Who would have thought you could make art out of bugs?

Crystal said...

Who would have thought that bugs could make such beautiful art pieces.

Abbi said...

These seem unreal to me--are they actually real bugs? That's amazing!

John said...

Now are you a lover of all bugs or just these "pretty" bugs and their artistic arrangements?

Michelle Pyne said...

Answer to John's question: I think I am a lover of all bugs. When we visited Victoria on Vancouver Island, BC, my favorite place was the 'Bug Zoo.' I got to hold a big black scorpion (about 4 inches). I really enjoyed doing my 7th grade insect collection. They are just so fascinating to look at! (I DON'T want them crawling up my arm, though!)

Audra said...

You found a great job for Kyle and Jordan when they grow up!