Friday, October 26, 2007

Trip of Joy, Trip of Sadness

Mel and I were able to take off last Thursday and visit family in Utah. We had a joyful trip being with Abbi and Chad, Adam and Jessi, the H* family and the P* family. We got to go to a BYU football game and stayed toasty warm through the sun, rain, and snow (plus BYU won!) We ate good food (Tanner will appreciate that!) It was heaven! (Click on Abbi's link to read her comments "Best Weekend" and Shana's link to read her comments and see her pictures on "Pyne Family Get Together") Everything went perfectly!

Mel headed back to work on Monday, but I got to stay a few more days and help my Mom and Dad. It was a joy to be able to spend time with them, but it filled me with great sadness to see the health problems they struggle with. Their lives are filled with difficulty, pain, and stress. I wanted so badly to fix things for them, but it is beyond my power and ability to do so. They truly are great examples of enduring to the end. I hope they know how much we all love and respect them and pray for the Savior's help and love to be with them. It is an honor to have such wonderful parents, and we hope to in turn honor them with our lives.

7 comments:

Kami Hall said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. I missed seeing you both! Things came up that I had to be at home for, then it was too late for me to go by the time I could. I hope everything is ok with your parents! They sound like amazing people!

Crystal said...

I have started praying for ideas to come that would relieve some of their issues. It is so hard to watch and not know what answers would help make the situation of your parents better. It sounds like you made a difference this week. Sue says she and your dad are noticing some changes for the better in your mom. Thank you for all you did.

Chris said...

My heart aches for you. I went through these trials at a very young age and I wouldn't wish them on anyone. I pray it won't be a long time that they have to suffer because you know they wouldn't want that either. Keep us informed on how they're doing.

Abbi said...

I'm so glad you were able to come!!! It made me so happy. Come again as soon as you can! Hope you have a good weekend!

Jessi said...

We are tremendously blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa in our family. I wish there were more I could do to relieve some of their burdens. It would have been nice if we could all have come up and been able to visit together. I'm always a little jealous when family members get together without me.

Shana said...

I am so glad we were all able to get together! It was so much fun! I wish it could be more often! You planned a great get together so Thank You for it!! :) And I am sorry about your parents! It must be the hardest to see your parents get old. I can't imagine!

Elaine said...

That is so hard. The enduring part of life can be pretty tough on everyone involved. No simple answer, I am afraid.