Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Survived My Dance Recital!

Notice the placement of our canes is completely uniform!!
The thrilling ending pose to dance #1.
Our darling tap teacher Liz. She makes me feel like a giant!
You've got to admit that many 50+ year-old women don't usually have to worry about being in a dance recital. My motivation in taking tap dance was to get exercise and have fun at the same time, NOT to end up on the stage. That's why I was a bit worried about making a fool of myself when it came time to put on the recital. At one point, I asked myself what in the world I thought I was doing! BUT, I'm happy to report that it actually was a fun experience, and no one broke into hysterical laughter during our dance routine. I pretty well remembered the steps, and my mistakes were minimal (at least they felt minimal to me.) We are now learning the ShimSham dance, and it is sooooo fun! Who knows, maybe I will end up on the stage and become rich and famous.........

7 comments:

Jessi said...

I wish I could have been there to see you!!!! I bet it was spectacular.

Kjirsten said...

That is the coolest post EVER! You rock! (Ummm, I mean, tap) I would love to be invited to the next recital - hint hint.

Chris said...

I am so proud of you!!! And jealous too. You need to come to the Tucker reunion and do that for your talent!!! Congrats!!

Kami Hall said...

Awesome!! I wish I could have seen you! I agree with aunt Chris, come to the Tucker reunion and dance for us!

Abbi said...

Mom, I love it!! Thank you so much for posting pictures! You look AWESOME. And I love that picture with you and your dance teacher! I can't wait to see you dance the ShimSham in a few short weeks! Love you!!

Shana said...

You look so beautiful! I bet you did wonderful!!! That is such a neat talent you picked up. You inspire me!

Elaine said...

Did you make your costume? Looks pretty fun. You go Girl!!!