Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fessin' up

This is for the Pyne's - Lola and Ron, Elaine and Morris, Roger and Chris, and everyone else who came to Thanksgiving at Lola's. I called Lola's on Thanksgiving Day to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Everything I said was true, but it was misleading....... Lola and Elaine thought we were in Oregon, having Thanksgiving by ourselves. But we were in Utah. I wanted to spend Thanksgiving with my Mom and Dad, given their health. When I was talking with Lola, I got the great idea that we would act like we were in Oregon, and then come by and visit everyone that night. Just show up on the door step - SURPRISE!! Well, I guess the joke was on us, cause when we got to Lola's house that evening, the place was dark. Not a soul in sight. So just in case we were sighted in Utah by someone and labeled big fat liars, I had to set the record straight. My conscience was getting the best of me. So much for surprises.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Oh Dang!!! I wish we were all there still! We left around 4 or 5 I think! :( We wish we could have seen you guys! We are glad you had a good time with your family though. Dang! The joke was on you huh!

Chris said...

That's too funny Michelle!!! You missed a fun time but I'm sure it was nice spending the day with your parents. You never know how many more you might have left.