Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away?

This morning I happened to look out the window, and it was raining. Rain wasn't forecast, so I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised, that is! I thought, "Oh good, its raining!" Then I thought, "What am I thinking? I'm glad that its raining?" Is that what happens to you when you live in the Northwest? Or is that why you live in the Northwest?

When I was shopping later in the day, I asked a couple of women, "What did you think of the rain today?" They promptly replied, "Wonderful!" "It was great!" I guess we Northwesterners are all alike. Lucky we don't live in Arizona!

6 comments:

Abbi said...

I'm not sure if I'm fit to be a Northwesterner, but I sure do know that I would say the exact same thing if it rained here in the dry hot desert of Utah!

Shana said...

I have been enjoying the rain we have been recieving lately. It is sooo hot lately and I just want it to rain forever!!!!!!

Elaine said...

I think I should live in the Northwest, "I Love a rainy day" and the beautiful green it makes is the best. I may feel less than enthused if it was constant but I'd like to test it.

Kami Hall said...

I love the rain, but only if I'm not in it when I don't want to be. It doesn't rain nearly enough here though.

Jessi said...

We could definitely use some rain here. Would you mind sending some our way??

Crystal said...

It rained really hard here on Sunday. We have been without rain for so long the kids ran out to play in it. It rained in sheets and sheets. Later hail came with it and the kids scattered.