Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...".

I think this quote by Charles Dickens applies to the time in which we live. And one of the aspects of the "best of times" is our ability to keep connected through this incredible technology we have now. I absolutely love to read others' blog entries to find out what's on their minds, what they have been doing, what they have been struggling with. The miles between us melt and there is an instant connection. It is a blessing to me because several hundred and several thousand miles separate me from beloved family members. We don't get to see each other every day. But blogging is the next best thing! I also get to meet very interesting people that I otherwise would never meet. Hooray for blogging!

4 comments:

Kimberlie said...

I agree! It's been so great "getting to know" people a lot better than I ever would have. Living so far away from everyone.

Elaine said...

A..MEN to that. It really is fun to connect that way.

Shana said...

I LOVE IT TOO!! I have met many fun people and I love reading my loved ones blogs as well- It seems we are a whole lot closer!!!

Jessi said...

After preparing for my talk on pioneers last Sunday I really have been thankful for all the modern comforts and conveniences we enjoy. Now, even though we live thousands of miles apart we can stay connected. What a blessing!!!!