Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rollin' on the River!


On Saturday I went rafting down the Willamette River with a bunch of Relief Society Women! (I am in the boat in the forefront of the picture, and I am behind the lady with the hat on, on the left side of the picture.) This trip was particularly significant for me because I have a healthy fear of my head going underwater, and so I had crossed off "rafting down a river" as something I would ever do. For some reason I decided I needed to go, to get out of my comfort zone and conquer my fears and all that kind of stuff. I was reassured that the possibility of falling in was pretty slim, and when I realized some of us were 70 and 80 years old..... Hey, if an 80 year-old can go rafting, then I can go rafting! I just want you all to know that I did survive, we had a great time (we stopped along the way to pick wild blackberries and have lunch), and I just might go again next year!

10 comments:

Jessi said...

That looks like so much fun!! Next time we come visit we'd love to do something like that!

Chris said...

I love rafting. We just floated down the Henry Fork River in Island Park. No rapids but absolutley beautiful. I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and now you'll feel more comfortable next time. Way to go!!

Abbi said...

It looks like and sounds like you all had so much fun! Way to go, conquering your fears! That's not easy. You're like Jordan--you have courage! :)

Audra said...

Wat to go, mom! You are a regular adventure woman. You repell, river raft, and did you do the zipline at Zion Ponderosa? Fun adventures!

Kami Hall said...

That looks fun! I'm glad you tried it!

Laura said...

I have a similar fear of rafting, so I am so proud of you for going! It looks really fun!

Kjirsten said...

I went river rafting for the first time this summer, too! I went with out our Youth Conference group down the GreenRiver. I was amazed how much fun it was. Two years ago I was forced to go rapelling with this same bunch of kids, talk about being out of your comfort zone! I still can't believe I did it.

Mindy said...

Kudos! It takes guts to do that. It isn't until afterwards that you realize you just had fun even though you were gripping the sides with white knuckles.

Shana said...

I wanna go!! How fun for you girls to do that! You should be proud of yourself!!

Kimberlie said...

How fun! I Love river rafting. Though I haven't done it since the summer after I graduated High School. What a fun trip to do with Relief Society. I've never heard of such an adventurous activity!