Friday, January 4, 2008

Especially for Cody








Yesterday I happened to look at our hill, and there were two bucks, two does, and two or three little ones strolling through. I haven't seen deer in awhile, so of course I grabbed my camera and headed out to take a picture. For some reason they didn't congregate for a group picture, but I tried to get as many snap shots as I could. By the time I got my camera, the little ones were way up the hill, so no pictures of them this time.
This fall when we were visiting Utah, I got to talk with Cody and Kortney, and Cody mentioned how he enjoyed seeing the pictures of the deer. So this is especially dedicated to a fellow deer-lover!
I am overjoyed to report that they didn't eat any of my plants either! The does ventured down into our yard, but I gently urged them to return to the wild part of our hill and eat things there. I will still continue with my anti-deer spray that they don't like so they will continue to leave my landscape alone!





8 comments:

Jessi said...

I like seeing your deer, too. It always amazes me how close they get!

Abbi said...

Wow, Mom, that's so neat you had so many deer-visitors all at once! Great pictures!

Elaine said...

Cody will love looking at these. They are beautiful pictures.

Chris said...

You see more buck in your back yard that the guys do on the deer hunt!!! hahah..how beautiful!!

Kimberlie said...

Deer are really fun to watch. I agree!

Kortney said...

What AWESOME pictures!! That was so neat that you remembered Cody! He must have checked out each picture for five minutes or so, counting the antlers of each whitetail. Thanks so much for posting such great wildlife pictures! We can't wait for the next ones!!

Kami Hall said...

Look at all that GREEN LUSH forest!! In January too! I'm not used to seeing things look so good in the dead of winter. I love the pictures! I always look forward to seeing what kind of wild life you'll show us next!

Kjirsten said...

These pictures make me miss the pacific northwest. You live in a beautiful area and you take great pictures!