Monday, January 28, 2008

Thank you, President Hinckley


Thank you President Hinckley, for your unfailing optimism, for your faith in the Savior, for your vision in providing temple blessings for everyone!
Thank you for traveling around the world to share your love and the Savior's love with us
when you "really don't like to travel."
Thank you for gently leading us to higher ground.
Thank you for taking the Church to the world, out of obscurity.
Thank you for teaching us how to respect and to reach out and love those not of our faith.
Thank you for teaching us not to take ourselves too seriously.
Thank you for showing us how to endure to the end.
We love you and we will miss you greatly.
Thank you for being our prophet.

4 comments:

Abbi said...

What a perfect synopsis of President Hinckley's impact on the world and on our individual lives. You are such a great writer!!

Chris said...

Whenever I see his picture my face automatically gets a smile on it. He's such a sweetheart. I thought he'd live forever and ever. He seemed so invinsible.I'll miss him also!!

Kimberlie said...

I just loved listening to his service for his funeral. It was SO good. He was amazing! And so humble! What a great life for us to try and emulate!

Crystal said...

Hi Michelle, It is Dale. I will miss President Hinckley's sense of humor. He could make me laugh out loud. He was so funny. I will miss him too. What a great example he was.